Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Little Cupcake Bakeshop Brooklyn, New York






The Little Cupcake Bakeshop is tucked in the cutest neighborhood ever in Brooklyn, New York. The shop is so cozy you are compelled to sit a while and eat a cupcake or two or three for hours without noticing the time passing. Although, pictures were not allowed to be taken in the shop, I managed to snap quite a few. Tee hee hee.. I am always determined to get pictures of good cupcakes.

The variety of cupcake flavors offered boggled the mind. Usually cupcake bakeries have a daily assortment of perhaps 6 flavors maybe 8 tops. This place had so many different types of cupcakes offered I was happy I brought reinforcements so that I could try almost every flavor offered. We tried Devil’s Food, Strawberry, Coconut Cloud, Lemmon, Carrot Cake, Golden Vanilla, Cookie Dough, and Red Velvet.

First of all, I have to commend Little Cupcake Bakeshop for not charging exorbitant prices for their cupcakes. These were so reasonably priced; **whispers $2.25 each** we kept going back to the counter to order more. In the category of value these cupcakes come up a winner hands down. You definitely feel you are getting more than your money’s worth. Actually, you feel like you should run out of the shop before they notice they undercharged you. As for the cupcakes.. They are quite good. They were very moist and have a great cupcake to icing ratio. The red velvet wasn’t the absolute best I’ve ever had but by far not the worst. All in all these cupcake rate somewhere in the middle of the cupcake game. Not really superstars, not underdogs, and definitely not the slackers.

The Verdict

The Little Cupcake Bakeshop is a great place to eat cupcakes and socialize. It has the feel of a neighborhood hang out with the bonus of delicious sweet treats. The cupcakes are the best value for the money that I’ve experienced in New York City. It is worth the trek deep into Brooklyn to visit this adorable shop.

Caio~

La Contessa

3 comments:

  1. What I really enjoy about the cupcakes, based on the photos, is how the bakery stylizes their icing on the cupcakes. Very whimsical and unique.

    There's some similarity to Magnolia Bakery and Cupcake Royale (the inverse swirl done with a spatula), which I've always loved, but I am totally drawn in by the icing styles that have the smooth, wavy lines.

    I haven't seen this before and it makes the icing and cupcake look very tasty, creamy, and playful.

    I am definitely curious about the flavor, so can't wait to take a trip to NYC, one day, and try these out for myself!

    Great photos! Did the bakery seem OK with you snapping photos while you were in there?

    I've gotten away with snapping photos in some places, too, but I've had some issues with some bakeries being very strict and overprotective of photos being snapped...unfortunately. That sucks when that happens. You'd think they'd be happy since they are getting more exposure through reviews and blog entries online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Cupcake has to be the best bakeshop in NYC...been there a handfull of times..they never did me wrong!.Bouchon bakery being second best, the croissants are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $2.25 is a great price for cupcakes at a cupcake shop. Crave is like almost $4 a cupcake and it isn't even that great!

    ReplyDelete