Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Magnolia’s Bakery NYC not Just a Tourist’s Attraction





For years I have been hearing about this magical mythical cupcake bakery named Magnolia’s Bakery in NYC. It used to fascinate me how people would go crazy insane over cupcakes from this place. Hardened New Yorkers standing in lines around the block in all types of weather for cupcakes? Please say it isn’t so! I would sooner believe they found the Holy Grail than jaded people from the Empire State would wait as patiently as New Yorkers possibly can for gasp cupcakes.

Well.. All the rumors are true damn it. Magnolia’s Bakery is the dealio! They have some of the best confections I have ever tasted. Thankfully I didn’t get to experience the block long lines for cupcakes, I did however fall in love with their cupcakes. The bakery itself is decorated festively yet not over done. They sell a bevy of other sugary treats such as cakes, cookies (I think) and banana pudding. My entire focus was cupcakes so I am not sure what the hell else is in there.

They don’t have all the snazzy exotic cupcake flavors many other bakeries depend on these days, but man oh man were these cupcakes superior to almost anything I have ever tasted. I purchased a Red Velvet (as always), Banana, Chocolate, and Vanilla. I could give you the garden-variety typical glowing report on how amazing Magnolia’s Bakery Cupcakes are but that would be completely redundant. I will say.. These are some damn good cupcakes. Everything people say about this place is totally true. I WILL vouch for that.

The Verdict:

There are a lot of cupcake bakeries to visit when you are in New York City, however Magnolia’s Bakery is not one to miss.

Caio~

La Contessa

No comments:

Post a Comment