Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Celebrity Cupcakes takes Delicious to a New Level




http://celebritycupcakes.com/index.html


Delicious Abounds! Celebrity Cupcakes Houston Texas a Mecca for Cupcake Lovers

I have said time and time again the universe is oversaturated with cupcake bakeries. Many charge exorbitant prices for low quality products. Not the case when you visit Celebrity Cupcakes in Houston, Texas. Their cupcakes are worth every penny.

Celebrity Cupcakes is tucked in an enclave in the Rice Village area. The building is Spanish style and rather adorable with several tables and chairs outside so you can enjoy your cupcake experience while people watching. They are even pet friendly as I brought Puppykins with me for this mission.

The shop itself is rather small but they are big on customer service. It is evident people here really enjoy their job. The young lady who helped me was gracious enough to explain each flavor and helped me make selections based on my personal tastes. She didn’t rush me and was so patient I wondered if she was a Buddhist priest in a previous life.

Down to the cupcakes! I selected Southern Red Velvet, Coconut, Chocolate with Vanilla Bean, and a Fleur De Sel. WOW! From the first bite of the Fleur De Sel I was in LOVE! Words fail to describe how absolutely wonderful this cupcake is. If I were forced to eat ONE thing for the rest of my life, it would be the Fleur De Sel cupcake from Celebrity Cupcakes hands down. The chocolate gouache danced across my tongue in a tango with caramel with a grand finale of sea salt. Perfection! Absolute perfection. This wasn’t just a cupcake; it was a work of art. After the Fleur De Sel the rest of the cupcakes paled in comparison. They were all good cupcakes and well worth the price but when you have a stunner like the Hope Diamond, everything else is just a piece of coal. The Southern Red Velvet was delicious, and the chocolate was reminiscent of the Fleur De Sel without all the bells and whistles. Even the coconut cupcake was good. However, none are as memorable as the Fleur De Sel.

The Verdict

You MUST visit Celebrity Cupcakes if you are in Houston. You MUST try the Fleur De Sel cupcake. The rest of their products are great, yet unfortunately upstaged by this incredible flavor.

Caio~

La Contessa

No comments:

Post a Comment