Thursday, March 4, 2010

Gigi's Cupcakes a Frosting Lover's Delight!


http://www.gigiscupcakesusa.com/

On a recent trip to Nashville, Tennessee I dropped by Gigi’s Cupcakes. I have to admit their shop is not easy to find, however the staff sweetly gave me directions several times until I finally found them.

By the looks of the crowd gathered around the cupcake case, I knew I was in for a delicious treat. People were pushing and shoving trying to vie for a better view of the wares. Given the circumstances, the staff was polite and efficient which helped soothe the savage cupcake-eating beasts. The line soon ebbed and I was able to place my order.

Gigi’s cupcakes make aesthetically pleasing products, but I was super excited by the amount of frosting on each cupcake. It was literally piled (piped) high! If you love frosting this is the place to be.


My selection was Merry Margarita, Scarlett’s Velvet, Texas Milk Chocolate, Tiger Tails, and a Wedding Cake. I gleefully danced out of the store and couldn't’t wait to taste them with my family. First up.. Merry Margarita which is yellow cake with margarita cream cheese frosting. This has to be one of the best lemon limey cupcakes I have ever put in my mouth. The flavors blended extremely well and the cake was unbelievably light. Oh and the margarita cream cheese frosting! Bliss how I love thee! It did a tango across my tongue! The cleverly named Scarlett’s Velvet was also a pleaser. It is classic red velvet cake with vanilla filling and cream cheese frosting. Gig’s really hit this one out of the park. I have eaten many a red velvet cupcake, but these have to rank in my top 5. Considering I am living in Texas, I had to get the Texas Milk Chocolate cupcake. It is your basic chocolate cake with milk chocolate frosting; the best part about the cupcake was the festive yellow star in the mountainous frosting. The cake was moist, chocolaty without being overwhelming, and just plain delicious. Tiger Tails was also a favorite of mine from Gigi’s. It is yellow cake with raspberry filling topped with butter cream frosting and raspberry coconut. Yet another seemingly simple combination done so expertly well that there was nothing run of the mill about this cupcake. I especially loved the raspberry coconut in the frosting. Lastly we tried the Wedding Cake cupcake. It was just a basic white cake topped with vanilla butter cream frosting. White cake isn’t easy to perfect as it has a tendency to come out dry in the wrong hands. Luckily Gig’s hands are the right ones. The Wedding Cake cupcake was so delicious; I would get married again JUST to have a cupcake tower of these delicious treats.


So.. The verdict.. Whether you call Nashville Music City or the Athens of the South, one spot you simply cannot miss is Gigi’s Cupcakes. They are simply divine.



Caio~
La Contessa

No comments:

Post a Comment